For Packagers & Solution Providers
A Packager is fully responsible for all aspects of engineering / design / assembly / testing of the Packaged CHP system and may be an original equipment manufacturer, distributor, or any other entity that offers Packaged CHP systems. CHP Packagers provide pre-engineered and tested Packaged CHP systems that meet or exceed DOE requirements.
- Documented experience in engineering and design of Packaged CHP systems
- Suitable Packaged CHP system fabrication/assembly facility(ies)
- Packaged CHP system performance test capability
- Offers Packaged CHP systems with a CHP performance of 60% HHV or greater
CHP Packager Responsibilites
- Performance Guarantees
CHP Solution Provider
A Solution Provider is responsible for installation, commissioning, maintenance and service of recognized Packaged CHP systems and providing a single point of responsibility. CHP Solution Providers are expected to demonstrate the ability to fully support recognized Packaged CHP systems nationwide or in specific areas of the country and meet or exceed DOE requirements.
- Documented experience in installation, commissioning, maintenance and service of recognized Packaged CHP systems.
- Documented capability to provide service and Assurance Plan support in their designated service territory.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of applying, installing, maintaining and servicing Packaged CHP systems.
- Offer recognized CHP Packaged systems from the eCatalog to customers.
- Must provide a single point of responsibility for site integration, system installation, maintenance and service in your identified service territory.
- Offer a market priced Assurance Plan, in qualified service territories, that provides service and maintenance covering planned and unplanned shutdowns of the Packaged CHP system (including all components) for a period of not less than five (5) years from the date of electric grid interconnection recognition.
- Maintain availability at or above 92% for reciprocating engines and 95% for combustion and micro turbines.
- Deliver a response to unplanned shutdowns within 12 hours.
CHP Solution Provider Responsibilities
- Installation Design
- Installation Engineering
- Service & Maintenance
- Single Point of Responsibility